Monday 19 November 2012

Subi Sunset Markets, 6008

For the Summer season, Subiaco Square will host twilight hawkers markets each Thursday evening. I went down on the opening night and I wasn't overly impressed with the selection to be honest. Most of food stalls I recognised from other weekly markets, and I was hoping for something new. I set my radar on the Turkish stand (forget the name, sorry!) and ordered the sort of mixed meze - an appetising array of Turkish tastes on the most gorgeous hand made dough. My plate was a rainbow of fresh salad, stuffed vine leaves, marinated eggplant, Greek yoghurt, tomato couscous and juicy flavoursome Kofte (Turkish beef meat balls), $12. My heart sank a little when I saw the lady slug some Kraft packaged dressing over my greens. The beautiful bread and  perfect kofte, went a long way in making up for this short-cut, though.



Hits: Turkish stand, Japanese savoury pastries
Misses: Packaged dressing, limited selection, not enough seating

Subi Sunset Markets
15 Nov 2012 - 13 Dec 2012
Subiaco Square Road (next to Subi train station)

No comments:

Post a Comment