Monday 9 July 2012

Nao Japanese, 6000

So I haven’t tried a tonne of Ramen in my time, but I can still say with confidence that this may well be the best Ramen Perth has to offer. The steady Japanese patronage is one indication and simply devouring (and it will be a 'devouring') a flavoursome bowl of Nao noodle soup is another. It doesn't take a connoisseur to tell that this is DAMN GOOD RAMEN.  Unlike many noodle eateries, Nao make their Ramen noodles every morning inside their little shop. This is the simple secret.

Green noodle in spicy broth with added leek

You will choose from a delightful array of components. The broth - miso, salty, spicy or soy. My favourite is the miso – a must if you have an affinity for miso soup. The spicy is tasty too. Then you choose your noodles – green (laced with spinach), red (peppered with chilli), plain or chunky egg. Then you can add on a selection of different vegetable and meat toppings. It’s like bubble tea noodles! If you don't feel like noodle soup, the sushi is fresh and fast too.

Teryaki chicken susi - so fresh
Green noodle in miso with chicken and added leek

 Once I finished face planting my first bowl of Nao, I took a few beats to look around and take in my surroundings. I really enjoy the fit out- it’s quietly special. Nothing show stopping, but its cosy and cutely Japanese. I'm so happy to have found this place. My life is Nao complete.

Green noodle in spicy broth with chicken


*Note: closed Saturdays, open Sunday

Food: 5/5
Ambience: 4/5
Service: 4/5

Nao Japanese on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment