Friday 3 August 2012

Sayers Sister, 6000

Well hello there, lovely! It’s the grander, younger and I daresay -prettier, younger sister of the famous Sayers café in Leederville (not that the original isn’t easy on the eyes). There’s also a hellofa lot more legroom, elbowroom and general airiness than its ancestor. Seating is comparatively ample too - more places to dine with a group, high chairs to solo coffee, chairs to lounge in and corners to linger. 

The lovely Stephanie Sayers at the till
Communal table and high chairs

After much deliberation eyeing the menu, I opted for a Sayers classic- the potato rosti with wilted spinach, roquette and poached eggs, substituting the bacon for smoked salmon. It was plated with the same finesse and cooked with the same precision as the many I’ve had before – the only difference was the addition of baked apple compote in the rosti. D-E-Licious! There was a liberal helping of greens and the eggs were poached to absolute 10/10 excellence. What is their secret? They were seriously Gourmet Traveller cover material, these poached eggs. The mountain of a dish was topped off with a zingy homemade mustard vinaigrette that left me wishing for more.
Potato rosti 

























I only picked a few distinctions between the menus at Sayers and Sayers Sister. I found the food delicious, cooked perfectly and plated beautifully, but I was sort of hoping for a few more degrees of separation between the two. 


Now, I won’t rush into things and declare unwavering love after the first go, but this sexy younger sister has positioned itself very well for a top position on my list of new favourite cafés in Perth. 


Get down and check this lady out before fame gets the better of her. I came on day two and whilst it wasn’t hectic, it wasn’t quiet either.

Food: 5/5 (Tasty, interesting, cooked perfectly - the apple doesn't fall far from the tree)
Coffee: 3.5/5 (Taste - YUM, but sadly a bit burnt, I think the barista was in training)
Service: 5/5 (Affable, fast)
Value: 3.5/5 (Bit on the pricey side but you are paying for quality)

Sayers Sister  on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment