Thursday 29 March 2012

B R O T H E R, 6050

I'd called upon Brother before for their splendid $3 coffees, and at no extra charge for Soy milk might I add. Gotta love that. It wasn't until very recently I tried their breakfast menu.

Alfresco looking onto Walcott. St.

My friend ordered the classic poached eggs on toast $11. Which came with a side of fresh roquette leaves. I grant kudos to any cafe that adds surprise quality extras. And besides, it always makes a humble eggs on toast look a little more lively, no?  Poached eggs were cooked as you'd expect; until they had gooey, golden centres.

Poached eggs on toast $11

I went for the Omelette stuffed with Meredith goats cheese, pine nuts and spinach. It was HUGE. I could only finish half. The omelette came with a side of toast and was $15. It was quite enjoyable. The centre was just creamy and the browned pine nuts and luscious, salty goats cheese made it wholly satisfying.  They also had some more adventurous items on the menu like; smoked salmon with beetroot relish or corn fritters with avocado salsa, fried egg and coriander and a dish involving sardines.

My super sized omelette $15

Coffee, brewed with Toby Estate didn't disappoint either. Made-well and a stronger taste of espresso. I'm a fan. The man who made my coffee here on this morning - a smiley young guy, is an affable character too. His friendly manner is the kind you'd become a regular for.

Toby Estate coffee

The decor isn't anything to get chummy with and the alfresco dining opens onto a (really nicely paved) car park, but Bother is a good spot if you want to recluse from the main drags either side in Mt Lawley or Leederville. If anything, Brother is definitely worth a pit-stop if you drive down Walcott St. on your way to work for their cheap and excellent coffee!

Food: 3.5/5
Coffee: 4.5/5
Ambience: 2.5/5
Service: 5/5

Brother on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment