Tuesday 3 January 2012

Duende, 6007


What a sexy place! I absolutely adore the atmosphere; you can’t help but be consumed in the Iberian, nighttime mood. I recall "Girl, You'll Be a Woman Soon" by Neil Diamond playing when I arrived, which was so fitting.
Stylish, warm and intimate, Duende is great for romantic dinners among couples or leisurely catch-ups in the company of old friends. You and your posse can gather around one of the Moorish design tables or perch up on a high chair at the horseshoe marble bar. 




Duende serves superb Spanish tapas, which I’d liken to any pinxtos bar in San Sebastian.  I'd say it is the closest thing I've tried to the amazing MoVida in Melbourne.  



Mushrooms, px vinegar, blue cheese $14
 I caught up with a childhood friend at Duende a little while ago, and we thoroughly enjoyed the Spanish eats. The highlight dish for me was the Mushrooms; a mix of fleshy shrooms, vinegar, blue cheese and herbs; they were divine! I would gladly eat these for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and snack times too!  

The sweet corn and Manchego croquettes are scrumptious; finely crisp on the outside and creamy on the inside. We also ordered the prawn, potato aioli, chimmichurri dish which comprises two large WA prawns with a lovely spicy mayonnaise like sauce.   For dessert we umm-ed and ah-ed, before settling on the raspberry pannacotta with yoghurt sorbet. It was sweet and light; a perfect end to a fantastic meal. 



WA Prawns,  potato aioli, chimmichurri $12

Sweet corn & Manchego croquettes $12
All the tapas range from $2 for spicy popcorn to $28 for the beef fillet.   3 tapas plus a dessert was enough to satisfy my (*note: petite) friend and I.  
The quirky, mostly foreign staff are well versed on the kitchens offerings too. A request for a tapas or wine recommendation is met with a thoughtful suggestion. 




Raspberry pannacotta, yoghurt sorbet $12



Buzzing, sensual ambience, informed service and outstanding Mediterranean food; this place ticks all my boxes. I can't believe it took me so long to try.


Food: 4.5/5
Ambience: 5/5
Service: 4/5

Duende
662 Newcastle St 
LeedervilleWA 6007

08 9228 0123


Duende on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Errors like unable to receive money is common in Gemini and users are unable to handle such errors. In order to get rid of the errors, you can dial Gemini toll-free number and avail the best possible solutions related to the errors from the team of professionals who are available round the clock. They address users politely and pay full attention to the queries and accordingly, finalize the accessible and best solutions.They may instantly get In touch with customer executive skilled professionals.

    ReplyDelete